Our Centre is separated into 5 rooms, Taonga (Treasure), Whakatupu (Grow), Matāuranga (Knowledge), Ako (Learn) and Haerenga (Journey).
Our Taonga caters for children aged 3 months to approximately 1 year and our Whakatupu room caters to children aged 1 year to approximately 2 years. Both rooms have:
- Specialised infant area
- Specialised Toddler area
- Caring, responsive and dedicated teachers
- Quality programmes to build your child’s developing strengths, needs, and interests.
Our Matāuranga room caters to children aged 2 years to approximately 3 years. Our programme will provide your child with the opportunity to continue to:
- Build confidence and self esteem
- Develop language and communication skills
- Enjoy creative experiences and learn perseverance
- Develop friendships and of course have fun in our challenging learning environments.
Our Ako and Haerenga rooms caters to children aged 3 years to 6 years. Ako offers fulltime hours and Haerenga offers 8.30-2.30.
The rooms cater for children transitioning to School and will have Primary trained teachers who understand the skills required for school entry.
We will be working in close partnership with local schools and where possible will go on school visits. Children will have the opportunity to be extended and enriched through a project based approach interwoven with literacy and numeracy.
They will develop:
- Skills of inquiry, thinking and reasoning
- Confidence, independence and self-help skills
- Learning caring, reflective and principled behaviour
- Being open minded, well balanced and knowledgeable
We look forward to working in partnership with our families, teachers and of course our priority, your children. This is the foundation of our philosophy, that you will see evident in our day to day practice.
Our aim is to provide opportunities for every child to have the freedom to learn and grow in our unique setting.